This delicious potato soup is paired with leeks and peas...and bacon!
Although not my first recipe I've made with leeks, they are still a pretty new-to-me food. I am fairly certain I like them and really want to use them more. I know it sounds weird, but this soup tastes so fresh and simple and it's truly wonderful. I prefer soups like this for days where it is a little warmer. Of course, bacon is just the icing on the cake here!
What you need:
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts sliced thinly
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sliced baguette
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Then remove all but 1 Tbsp. bacon grease from saucepan.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. butter, leeks, and garlic. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add broth, water, potatoes, and salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove half the soup and puree and then return to pot.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add peas and cook for another 3 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Then serve topped with bacon and fresh parsley with a slice of baguette on the side.
Since soup is a weekly occurrence, I have plenty of soup recipes I make. This is the only other soup recipe I have on the blog with potatoes and leeks and it is this IPA Loaded Baked Potato Soup. Tonight, we're actually having a new potato soup and I'm really excited about it. I hope this Loaded Potato Soup from Tracey's Culinary Adventures is as good as it looks!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram