This club sandwich has herbed lemony chicken and crunchy potato chips that make it way better than just a regular old club sandwich.
Potato chips belong on sandwiches as much as they belong on a plate next to a sandwich! This club sandwich is actually pretty quick to throw together and it has a ton of flavor. It's not just a bland plain old regular sandwich. The lemon and fresh herbs go a long way to really amp up this sandwich. You can use any kind of leafy green - it doesn't have to be lettuce. You can also switch up the fresh herbs, but I went with basil because basil is my lifeblood. Hope you all try this sandwich out...bacon, chicken, lemon, greens, and potato chips are all wonderful together.
What you need:
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, plus some for spreading
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp. fresh herbs, chopped (I used basil because it's my favorite)
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken without skin
- Salt and pepper
- 12 slices of bread (I used honey wheat)
- Regular potato chips
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Leafy greens, like lettuce, spinach, arugula, etc.
- Pickle spears, for serving
- Cook bacon strips until crisp and then move to a paper towel-lined plate. Break each strip in half after slightly cooled.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, and herbs in a large bowl. Then stir in chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, toast bread. Spread mayonnaise on each piece of toast.
- Divide half of the chicken mixture onto 4 slices of toast.
- Then top each with potato chips, 1 piece of bacon (2 halves), 1 slice of tomato, some leafy greens, and end with another piece of toast.
- Repeat with the remaining half of chicken mixture and then step 5 once again.
- Press the sandwich together gently and cut in half. Serve with pickles and more potato chips.
Another fantastic club sandwich recipe that I adore is this Bacon Chicken Avocado Club Sandwich with Garlic-Basil Mayo. Again...bacon and basil in a sandwich really MAKE the sandwich. I've also been wanting to try these Tuna Cake Sandwiches on Toasted Parmesan Sourdough Bread from Life Currents.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram