Recipe from The Neelys
What you need:
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp. red pepper flakes, plus more to taste, if desired (I will be using a pinch or two next time because this was a little spicy for my liking and too spicy for my kids)
- 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. chicken, precooked and cubed, I boiled and shredded mine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, oj, vinegar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, red pepper flakes, and cornstarch together. Set aside.
Over medium-high heat, heat oil until it shimmers. Add garlic, ginger, green onions, and red pepper flakes (to taste). Saute until they are fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add chicken and broccoli to garlic mixture and stir to warm through.
Add reserved sauce and stir until thick and bubbly.
Serve with rice - I had to do some fried rice with eggs and soy sauce - yum!
Linked up at...