I've made a few poke cakes in my time. This one takes the cake - sorry, just had to get a little punny up in here. It's the very best poke cake that I've made and eaten to date. It's got yellow cake on the bottom and banana pudding on top. It's honestly the most amazing cake in the whole wide world. You can also serve this with fresh bananas to have a more authentic banana pudding experience.
What you need:
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients as called for on box)
- 2 pkg instant banana pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 20 vanilla wafers, crushed
- Make cake according to box directions with ingredients as called for on the box in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Once baked, take a wooden spoon or something similar to poke holes in the cake.
- Meanwhile, whisk together instant pudding and milk in a large bowl.
- Pour pudding over the cake and spread evenly while pushing some of the pudding into the holes gently.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and top with Cool Whip and crushed vanilla wafers.
- Keep refrigerated until serving time. You can serve it up with some fresh bananas, if desired.
Recipe from The Country Cook
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin