This is a simple dish, but don't underestimate it because it's full of flavor. I really liked making this for just myself because no one else in the family really likes cherry tomatoes and balsamic anything is out of the question. It was for me until recently too, but I'm beginning to really love it.
I can't wait to make it again - I want to add more roasted veggies to it. Asparagus, broccoli, spinach..any greens, really!
What you need:
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3/4 lb. thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Toss together tomatoes, garlic, thyme, and olive oil in a bowl. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes at 400*. You'll want the tomatoes to burst - that's how you know they are done!
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to box directions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water before draining.
- Add 1/4 cup water back into drained spaghetti.
- Add balsamic vinaigrette and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- When tomatoes are done, discard the thyme and toss with spaghetti.
- Serve with remaining Parmesan.
Recipe from Mostly Homemade Mom
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin