I was so excited to try out this recipe and I was NOT disappointed. It was just so good. The pictures don't do it a bit of justice. I didn't have a good selection of fresh tomatoes, so I used the Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes and it was just one of the best combinations of food I've ever eaten.
What you need:
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 to 2 cans diced tomatoes (Italian-style is what I used)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic cloves
- 4 Tbsp. cold butter
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped (I had to use dried basil because our store was out of the fresh stuff)
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Pasta - I used angel hair pasta
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, heat EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken for 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
- Add tomatoes; cook for a few minutes.
- Add in basil, garlic, cold butter, and a little more salt and pepper. Stir, reduce heat, and let simmer while you cook your pasta.
- To serve, top pasta with tomato chicken mixture and top with Parmigiana Reggiano cheese.
Recipe from Menu Musings
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin