Right now, my most consistently popular recipe that I've posted is the One Pot Spaghetti (recipe from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures). It's insanely popular. So I'm back with a new one pot recipe that I've found from No. 2 Pencil. This one is a little variation and so delicious and cheesy! You can really vary how it tastes with whatever you choose to top it with. I had a Pin-friend tell me that she had subbed BBQ sauce for the ketchup and it was extraordinary, so if y'all make this one with variations, please comment and let me know how it tasted.
What you need:
- 1 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef or turkey
- 2 tsp. seasoned salt
- Ground pepper
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 1 lb. rotini pasta (or any type of small pasta)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 to 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- Green onions, diced
- In a large pot, heat extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) over medium heat and saute onion until softened.
- Increase heat to high and add ground beef, crumbling as it browns. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, water, ketchup, mustard, pasta, and a little more salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese over the top and cover. Let sit until cheese melts.
- Top with tomatoes and green onions. You can serve with any additional traditional hamburger toppings.
Recipe from No. 2 Pencil
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin