Picture update 2/21/2016 - we made this again with ditalini. It's a very Italian flavored soup, so I'm not sure why it should be called stir fry soup, but it's still really delicious.
So it is not technically soup season yet here in Tennessee, but I can't help but want to make some. We're in the house with a/c...so that counts, right? This is a soup you can throw together incredibly fast - so it's perfect for school nights or a last minute meal type deal. It's packed with flavor and really yummy :)
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp. Italian dressing
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 16 oz. frozen stir fry veggies
- 1 can white kidney beans or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup pasta [I have used garden rotini and ditalini]
- Pinch of oregano
- Cheddar cheese for garnish
- In a large stockpot, cook sausage with dressing over medium high.
- Add oregano, broth, veggies, beans, and tomatoes. Turn up to high and bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni and reduce to medium. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheese.
Recipe from Inside BruCrew Life
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram