In horrible form, here I am sharing a recipe on Friday...
It's been a crazy busy week between a day off of school, in-class observations, a doctor's appointment (14/15 week appt), and subbing for half a day for a class of very roudy 3rd graders. I'm just plain exhausted. And one of my favorite things to make and have for breakfast when I'm just too tired to do too much work is baked oatmeal.
You can throw things together quickly and you just put it in the oven. You end up with a filling, delicious breakfast - what more could you ask for? I love the combination of this baked oatmeal recipe. The coconut and strawberry compliment each other very nicely.
What you need:
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, divided [I used fresh]
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 cups old-fashion oats
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- In a greased 9-inch pie pan, add 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries to the bottom evenly.
- In a bowl, mix together oil, sugar, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oats, baking powder, chia seeds, and 1/3 cup coconut flakes.
- Fold oat mixture into egg mixture.
- Add coconut milk and stir until combined.
- Pour over the top of the strawberries.
- Top with remaining strawberries and coconut flakes.
- Bake in the oven at 350* for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from The Pajama Chef
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram