SRC is now hosted on Blogger and has a new look. Be sure to stop by and see it, follow it, etc. HERE.
For those who don't know, Secret Recipe Club is a great little group...well, large group, of food bloggers who are secretly assigned another blog each month. Each member chooses a recipe (or more) from their assigned blog and then on the designated Monday for their group, they post the recipe they made. It's a great way to feature a new blog - really discover a new blog - and help others to find new blogs to follow. It feels good to shine that spotlight on another blogger :)
This month I was assigned to Becky of A Calculated Whisk. I was totally excited to find there was another dessert enthusiast slash cat lady who is also a teacher in my group. I love finding out there are people who do it all - it makes me just want to pick their brain and want to find out all their secrets to staying sane :)
I was very decisive this month and had to choose between two breakfast-egg-casserole type thing: Veggie & Egg Hash or Sweet Potato & Kale Breakfast Skillet. I was hankering for some asparagus and brussels, so I opted for the first recipe.
And it was so the perfect choice! The veggies were just super delicious and everything worked together so well. It was pretty quick to make too :)
What you need:
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cajun seasoning: paprika, cumin, thyme, fennel seeds, marjoram, garlic, and onion powder.
- Bacon grease
- 2 eggs
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Heat olive oil to a medium heat and saute onion until softened and caramelized a little.
- Add brussels and heat for about 2 more minutes.
- Add asparagus, salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add bacon grease and cook eggs how you desire (we scrambled them - with salt and pepper).
- Serve eggs on top of veggies and topped with fresh basil.
Recipe from A Calculated Whisk
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram