There are some days where I just dread dinnertime. You know those days - you are going all day long and the last thing you want to do when you get home is slave over an hour to an hour and a half prepping and cooking dinner. Not to mention dirtying half your kitchen to get to clean up after dinner when you still just want to relax. This is where this soup comes in...
In the original recipe, canned chicken is used, but I went ahead and sauteed up some chicken really fast for it. You could even use leftover shredded chicken. Regardless, this soup comes together quickly and it's packed full of flavor!
What you need:
- 1 to 2 bell peppers, any color, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. EVOO
- Cooked, diced chicken breasts
- 1 can corn
- 4 cups water
- 3 tsp. chicken bouillon granules or 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Cheese of your choosing, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Crushed tortilla chips, for garnish
- Saute peppers and onion in olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan.
- Add water, chicken, and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.
Recipe from One Creative Mommy
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram