A recipe on a Saturday?! WHAT?! I have felt so bad about my inconsistency lately with pregnancy + closing in on the end of my college term + moving, that I just had to share another recipe this week. I had every intention of this one happening on Wednesday, but just never wrote it up and then I realized Thursday that I had lost a day. Anyways...
Banana bread is one of my all-time favorite treats - I don't think I've met a banana bread yet that I wouldn't eat. I've had a variety of different kinds, so when I found this recipe for donuts, I knew I had to try it.
In the original recipe, the blogger, Melissa, used cream cheese frosting on top. I personally did not - mostly out of laziness, but I felt that they were just fine without the frosting. But at the same time, I really would love to try them WITH frosting because I'm sure they are even better that way. They still maintain their donutness, but they totally capture the banana bread quality and that is just the best durn breakfast you could ask for!
What you need:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cream cheese frosting - optional
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk mashed bananas, butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Mix together wet into dry until just combined.
- Spoon batter into a greased donut pan - it may be easier to pipe it, but I like using a spoon.
- Bake at 325* for 15 to 17 minutes until golden brown and the donut springs back after being touched.
- Cool before removing from pan. Top with frosting, if desired.
Recipe from Melissa's Cuisine
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram