I'm digging soups that can be made quickly nowadays. Pregnancy is tiring and while I still enjoy cooking...I like meals that don't require a lot of babysitting or anything too time consuming. This soup is filling and flavorful - and it comes together quickly which I just absolutely adore...again...because I love being able to sit back and relax and enjoy a good meal, not slave over the stove :)
What you need:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 can hearty tomato soup (not condensed)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. cheese tortellini
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 7 oz. kale, roughly chopped
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cook for one more minute while stirring.
- Increase heat to medium high heat. Add tomatoes, tomato soup, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and then add tortellini. Cook for 9 minutes.
- Add chicken and kale. Cook for 3 more minutes until kale is wilted and chicken is warmed up.
Recipe from It's Yummi
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram