Another recipe for cookies, guys...prepare yourselves!
I have really latched onto this whole sea salt with desserts craze. There is something so lovely about salty and sweet together. What makes this little treat so good is that it also has a little Kahlua kick and coffee in it. All of the different elements work together so well..you have the sweet liqueur and a little bitterness from the coffee plus the salty of the sea salt. YUM! It has everything a cookie needs! I absolutely adore that it has chocolate chunks because you get the ooey gooey sweetness in each bite. It's really just perfection. Y'all have to make them ASAP!
What you need:
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup Special dark cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. instant coffee crystals
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 stick butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp. Kahlua liqueur
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Sea salt for topping
- Mix together flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, coffee crystals, and salt. Set aside
- In a stand mixer, mix butter and sugars until combined.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- Slowly pour in Kahlua and mix.
- Add flour mixture gradually until your cookie dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Roll dough by hand or use a cookie scooper to form golf ball-sized balls.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325* for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove and immediately sprinkle with sea salt. Let sit for 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to finish cooling.
Recipe from How Sweet It Is
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram