Hello, hello....Group C & D had their last reveal day of 2014 in November and we just couldn't go out like that...we had to have something going on in December to get our fix :) So I asked my amazing members of Secret Recipe Club if they would like to do a whole club-wide shindig featuring cookies and they responded in an overwhelming positive way. Today, there are no group separations - we were assigned to someone randomly - could be from our regular group or from another, if we were lucky enough. It's still been a secret and it's been very exciting to stop by a new blog. Plus, I got to make cookies!!! :)
Veronica's Cornucopia, a group C member, for our Cookie Carnival. Veronica is a married data conversion operator for the USPS. She started out sharing recipes on Myspace before switching over to blogging them. She blogs a lot of sweets (my kind of gal!) and also blogs about her cute little one year old Joshua. Be sure to stop by her blog and check it all out!
I had some trouble figuring out which of her many cookie recipes I wanted to make...there were White Chocolate Cherry Chunkies (which I would've adapted with cranberries), Turtle Cookies, Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookies, and Black Gold Cookies. Ultimately, I went with the Turtle Cookies because yum, yum, yum! Plus I had already planned a peppermint cookie for the cookie swap - which I will be posting later today.
These were fantastic little cookies! I couldn't find caramel bits, so I used caramel candies chopped up in smaller pieces...and pecan chips, so there weren't any large chunks of anything. They had the perfect mixture of all three: chocolate, caramel, and pecans. They were chewy initially and then after a week or so they got a little harder, but I'm not sure if that's because I didn't actually store them properly because we ate on them so much LOL.
What you need:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel candies, chopped into bits
- 1 cup pecan chips
- Cream butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, and vinegar until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chips, caramel candies, and pecans and stir.
- Scoop the cookies onto a parchment-lined or silpat-lined cookie sheet with a cookie scooper.
- Bake at 350* for 10 to 12 minutes. Let sit on the sheet for 5 minutes and remove to a wire rack.
Recipe from Veronica's Cornucopia
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram