Sometimes the simplest of ingredients are enough to blow your tastebuds right outta your mouth!
Okay, okay, I'm exaggerating, but you know it's good when there's that kind of description, right?! This recipe includes sausage, peas, pasta, onions, pesto and a little salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Very simple ingredients...but a very delicious, mouthwatering, can't-get-enough flavor to it! You'll want to have more. You'll need to have more.
I believe this is the perfect main dish recipe, however, I could see it being a great side dish to a potluck or holiday meal too. It's really up to you :)
What you need:
- 1 lb. medium shell pasta
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 lb. sage pork sausage
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- In a large pot, cook shells al dente according to box directions with frozen peas added.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and saute onions for about 3 minutes.
- Add pork sausage and crumble as it browns.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Drain pasta and peas, then return to pot.
- Stir in pesto until pasta and peas are well coated.
- Add sausage and onions and stir until combined.
Recipe from Very Culinary
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram