Sometimes the simplest of recipes become my absolute favorites. They just surprise me. There is nothing terribly special about the ingredients but when they come together...WOW WOW WOW. I wish I could do a killer Christopher Walken impersonation...but that's how I think that in my head...so y'all should too :) I have a fever and the only prescription is more buffalo chicken pizza sticks!!
I used my go-to pizza crust because that's what I do. It's never failed me. I used Frank's Buffalo Sauce because I think it's the very best buffalo sauce in existence - I've tried quite a few and haven't found anything that rivals it. This recipe uses two different types of cheese, as well. You just end up with something so amazing, you really honestly will not believe how good these pizza sticks are!
What you need:
- 1 recipe pizza dough (my go-to, most favorite, bombdiggity one)
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced [I had to omit due to poor local produce]
- Lightly grease and sprinkle a little cornmeal onto a jelly roll pan. Spread your pizza dough out to all the corners and even it out. Prick with a fork all over. Prebake at 400* for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix buffalo chicken and chicken together.
- Spread chicken all over pizza crust.
- Top with cheeses and 1 green onion.
- Bake pizza for another 6 to 10 minutes until crust is nicely golden brown.
- Top with remaining green onion and cut into strips/sticks.
Recipe from Inspired Taste
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram