Y'all know that I ADORE copycat recipes, so it comes as no surprise that I hoarded this recipe and made it :) I really loved the topping and buttery-ness. I do think that next time I make them it'll be with my favorite pizza crust recipe. I just can't help it...it is my go-to crust and never has failed me. It's the perfect texture and fluffiness. I also would love to make a Little Caesar's jalapeno Crazy Bread copycat. If you've had it, you know what I'm talking about! YUM!
What you need:
- 2 3/4 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into stand mixer with dough hook attachment.
- Add sugar, salt, and milk. Mix until combined.
- Add flour, a cup at a time, and knead for about 5 minutes with the hook attachment.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough by hand a few more times.
- Roll out to fit a rectangular pan that has been coated with 1/4 cup of the melted butter.
- Place dough on buttered pan and let rise for about 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup melted butter, cheese, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350* for 20 to 25 minutes. Slice into breadsticks and serve with warm marinara!
Recipe from Joshua Trent
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram