Crockpot meals are the best! Today's recipe is a super simple Asian (probably super Americanized, so don't take me too seriously claiming that) meal that turns out incredibly delicious. For those who are brave, mushrooms and water chestnuts would be a great addition. None of us are big fans of those though, but I know lots of people love them and figured it'd be worth a mention.
I served this over brown rice, but it would also be fantastic over quinoa too. We are actually having it again for dinner tonight, so I'm really excited!
What you need:
- 2 lb. beef, sliced in strips [I had a little more than 2 lbs and got presliced beef]
- 2 cups water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- Brown rice, cooked
- Mix water, bouillon, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil and garlic in crockpot.
- Add beef strips and stir to coat.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove 4 Tbsp. of liquid from the crockpot. Stir in cornstarch and then pour the mixture back into the crockpot. Mix well.
- Add broccoli and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Recipe from Yours & Mine Are Ours
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram