Nothing beats a good quiche! I've become obsessed with adding spinach to everything. I made box mac and cheese last weekend and wanting nothing more than to add spinach to it, but didn't have any on hand. It was a sad day. But I digress...my quiche's crust got a little dark and I wasn't a fan of it, so next time we make this recipe it will be with a homemade pie crust.
What you need:
- 1 pie crust [storebought or homemade - I opted for frozen storebought]
- Bacon bits
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 roma tomato, sliced thinly.
- Prebake pie crust according to package directions or freeze a homemade crust for 15 minutes and then bake at 350* for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients except for tomato slices.
- Pour into pie crust and top with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake at 350* for about 45 minutes or until set in the middle.
- Cool for 15 minutes before slicing to serve!
Recipe adapted slightly from This Gal Cooks
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram