Nick loves to tease me because there will be nights where at 9pm, I'm craving cookies...and I'll start baking a batch. Although it's not pumpkin season now, I definitely had to share these...and I had made them last summer when it wasn't pumpkin season then either. But a girl's gotta have her pumpkin when she wants it! Nick also claims to not be big on sweets, but this recipe really made an impression on him. He loves streusel topping (in fact, that's the only way he agrees to eat muffins) and I think that's what really did him in with this cookie recipe. He's been on the hunt since the day I made them for the pumpkin pudding. I had some stocked up in my baking cabinet and they were about to hit their "best by" date, but we haven't been able to find them since then :(
What you need:
- 1/4 cup butter, cold
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temp
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 small box Pumpkin Spice instant pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- For streusel: Whisk together dry ingredients in a small bowl. Cut in cold butter with a pastry cutter or knife until crumbs are smaller than pea size. Set aside.
- For cookies: Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add pudding mix (not prepared) and mix.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place dollops of cookie dough on a prepared cookie sheet. Then gently press some of the streusel on top of the cookie dough.
- Bake at 350* for 8 to 10 minutes. Let rest for 2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to wire rack.
Recipe from Chef in Training
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram