I love trying recipes from fellow Secret Recipe Club members and sharing them here on the blog. I, of course, do that once a month for my reveal day post, but I also love to peruse other groups' blogs other than my group, Group D. This recipe comes from Cindy of Hun...What's For Dinner? who is in Group A. I modified it to using 2 whole eggs, instead of 1 egg and 2 egg whites, but otherwise I kept it pretty much how Cindy made it. I have always loved broccoli and loved eating cheese on broccoli, so I knew I would love this recipe. I adore the almonds in the omelet. They add a nice crunchy texture that is otherwise missing in this omelet, but they don't overwhelm it with an unpleasantness by any means. I was very skeptical about adding them, but I wanted to be a teensy bit adventurous and I am very glad that I was. Thanks, Cindy, for a wonderful recipe!
What you need:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook broccoli, onion, red pepper, and almonds until onion is softened and broccoli is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove broccoli mixture and set aside. Swipe the small skillet clean and add butter. Melt over medium low heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with milk and salt and pepper.
- Pour into skillet and use the spatula to move set eggs into the center and tipping the skillet to get the uncooked eggs on the edges.
- When your eggs are all softly set, add 3/4 of the filling and cheese.
- Flip one side of the omelet onto the other - or - do it the proper way and flip it to the center and then the center onto the remaining side.
- Serve topped with remaining topping and cheese.
Recipe from Hun...What's For Dinner?
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram