It's time again for Secret Recipe Club reveal day - this one is an extra reveal day with a theme! What is Secret Recipe Club? It's a bunch of food bloggers separated into four groups that post once a month on a designated Monday. Each month, we are paired with another foodie from our group secretly (hence the name). We then pick a recipe (or two or more) from that blog and make it. On our reveal day, we reveal whose blog we had and what recipe(s) we chose all at the same time. It's like a Secret Santa every month, but with food and blogs! It's a great deal of fun :)
This week is an extra week, so we are enjoying it by getting together to do a no-group-restricted, themed reveal day. The theme is HOLIDAY TREATS. I naturally decided upon cookies. Holidays to me are all about the cookies. Any kind and every kind. My assignment was Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen by Group B member, Kelly. Kelly lives in New Jersey with her husband and super adorable Snowshoe Siamese kitty, Gilbert (go see his pictures on the about me page). I am a sucker for those snowshoes - they are too precious! Kelly has run her own catering business for over 20 years now :) I tell you what, these Secret Recipe Club members never cease to amaze me. They are all such incredible people.
I had no problems narrowing down the cookie recipe I wanted to make, but be sure to stop by Kelly's blog and look at the immense wealth of recipes she has posted. There are too many good ones to choose from ordinarily. One cookie recipe stood out to me right off the bat and that was the Salted White Chocolate & Butter Rum Pudding Cookies with pecans. Nick LOVES butterscotch and he loves rum and I love pudding cookies. So it was really a no-brainer.
What you need:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 box (3.4 oz) butterscotch instant pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla, butter, & nut extract (that's one bottle)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. rum extract
- 1 cup Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add pudding mix and mix until combined.
- Add eggs and extracts and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and mix until dough comes together.
- Fold in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and pecans.
- Using a cookie scooper, drop rounds of dough onto a parchment paper-lined or silicone mat-lined cookie sheet. Lightly press cookies down.
- Bake in a preheated-350* oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit on the pan for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe slightly adapted from Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram
stop by my amazon store to see my kitchen must-haves