Very simple quesadillas with creamy chipotle cheese and topped with pineapple pico de gallo.
This was a recipe that totally took me by surprise. I expected it to be good - what's not to like about a chicken and cheese quesadilla?! But I highly underestimated the Laughing Cow Queso Fresco Chipotle cheese. Like a lot. The creaminess added the best best best texture to these quesadillas. I added a little shredded cheese on top of the chicken because I love cheese. What really takes the cake is this delicious quesadilla TOPPED WITH the incredible Pineapple Pico de Gallo (I posted the recipe yesterday). Altogether, it's easily my favorite quesadilla of all time and it's easy to make it. Doesn't take much effort at all!
What you need:
- Burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 to 2 rounds Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle cheese spread wedges (1 round has 8 wedges)
- Mild cheddar cheese or colby jack cheese, shredded
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 recipe Pineapple Pico de Gallo (found here)
- Slice chicken into two thin breasts each. Season with taco seasoning and cook on a grill or cook in a skillet. Let rest for about 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Spread a wedge or two on one side of a tortilla. Then place chicken on top. Sprinkle a little cheddar cheese on top and fold in half.
- Spray the top with nonstick cooking spray and place in a nonstick skillet, coated side down. Spray the top of the tortilla. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat to make as many as you need. I believe I made 6 or 7 with some cheese and chicken leftover.
- Slice each quesadilla with a pizza cutter and serve topped with pico de gallo.
Recipe slightly adapted from The Creative Bite
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram