It's time again for Secret Recipe Club reveal day for my group, Group D! It will also be the last Group D reveal for a while. We have dwindled down in numbers over the past few years, so we are condensing down to three groups again until we need a fourth group again. So what is Secret Recipe Club? It's a bunch of food bloggers separated into
This month, my assignment was Nicola's blog: Lemon and Cheese. Nicola is a London librarian who loves simple recipes with fresh ingredients. She is brand new to Secret Recipe Club, so I was excited to get her blog before all the Group D members disperse among the other three groups. Guess what her favorite foods are? If you guessed lemon and cheese, you are SO right! When I told Nick that was her blog name, he immediately smiled and said he really liked that name. We, of course, love lemons and cheese, too.
I had quite a few recipes saved and wasn't sure what I was going to go with. Then my month escaped me and I knew I was going to have to go the main dish route. I ended up choosing her Lemon Chicken Stir Fry because I wanted to pay homage to her blog name. It was absolutely the right choice. In her blog post, Nicola mentioned that she had made the original recipe with more lemon in it. So I took her recipe and doubled the lemon juice and I would have to say that it was just the right amount for us! We just loved it. I do hope that I can try her Thai Chicken Stir Fry, Potato & Leek Gratin, and Tandoori Chicken soon too.
What you need:
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of two lemons
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Chicken tenderloins
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into smaller chunks
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas
- 1/2 bunch green onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Cooked rice or noodles for serving
- Zest 1 lemon into a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together lemon juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken tenderloins. Season as desired (I used rotisserie seasoning that I will definitely have to post soon and link to). Cook through, getting a nice crispy brown "crust" on each side. Then transfer to plate and set aside.
- Add peppers and carrots to the skillet the chicken was in. Add butter and stir to somewhat "deglaze" the pan. Cook veggies for about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas, green onions, garlic, and lemon zest. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the lemon juice mixture and stir until it thickens up, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken and heat through.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Recipe slightly adapted from Lemon and Cheese
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram