This pasta goes perfectly with some grilled chicken and veggies for full meal.
I have been making a ton of caprese/bruschetta recipes lately or rather ones that use the same flavors because I think I've finally convinced Nick to eat tomatoes. Like he has even been asking for tomatoes on tacos! YES!! This one is probably the highest up on the list of things I've made recently with the tomato, basil, mozzarella combination. It could be eaten by itself as a meatless dinner, but we paired ours with some seasoned grilled chicken and asparagus. Honestly, the grape tomatoes are my absolute favorite in this. They give you that little burst of juiciness. It's wonderful with the gooey, melty mozzarella!
What you need:
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Fresh mozzarella (around 10 oz.)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 to 5 fresh basil leaves --or-- dried basil
- Cook pasta according to box directions in salted water. Drain and drizzle with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, heat spaghetti sauce over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Once heated through, add heavy cream and Parmesan. Simmer for 2 minutes or until cheese has melted. Then pour over noodles.
- Cut mozzarella into 1/2-inch cubes. Set aside about 1/4 cup and then mix the rest with the tomatoes into the pasta.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" pan and top with the rest of the mozzarella.
- Bake at 350* for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh or dried basil.
Recipe from I Heart Naptime
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram