I also made one for myself, but I have yet to be able to make them. This is from bakerella.
What you need:
- 1 1/3 cups flour, spooned into a measuring cup and leveled
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cooking oats
- 3/4 cup M&Ms
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Start with a 1-qt. smooth Ball jar. Layer ingredients in the following order making sure to pack each level tightly or else it won't all fit: flour, oats, M&Ms, chocolate chips, brown sugar, white sugar and chopped pecans.
- The oats, M&Ms and chocolate chips are hard to pack down, but the brown sugar is a great layer to push the others down tightly. You can adjust the pecans more or less to fit to the top.
- To decorate, get fabric and suede cord. Cut fabric in 6-inch squares and suede in 25-inch pieces. Place fabric on top and tie ribbons around the lid to hold it in place.
- For the labels, you'll need cardstock, a paper punch and double-sided tape. Print the labels: http://www.bakelove.com/bakerella_cowgirlcookies.pdf.
- Also if you ARE making them around a holiday - you can use seasonal M&Ms :] I used Christmas ones!
If you want to make the cookies...
Other things you need:
- 1/2 cup butter, almost melted
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir dry ingredients in a bowl and add in other ingredients. Combine thoroughly.
- Roll into 1 1/2-inch balls and bake for 10 minutes each.