It seems I've been doing this a lot lately when it comes to my time in the kitchen.
I'm not really a beer drinker. I like some beers, but it's not my first choice of any type of beverage. I am hooked on beer foods though. [insert meme: BEER BATTER ALL THE THINGS!!!!] It's crazy. I also invested in a little deep fryer that also can be a steamer and a pot-shaped slow cooker - it's pretty awesome [see it on Amazon]. Once upon a time, I said I would never get one because I remember how messy they were from the Fry Daddy my family had when I was a kid. But so far, it's amazingly easy to clean and take care of. I kept the container that the oil came from and use a measuring cup to pour it back into that container. It's surprisingly easy to keep everything clean and not greasy all over.
These beer battered jalapeno slices are so addictive. I couldn't make them fast enough!
What you need:
- 1 cup flour, plus some
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup beer
- Pickled jalapeno slices
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and spices. Then add the beer and stir.
- Add flour slowly while stirring until combined and smooth.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of flour in another bowl.
- Place some jalapenos into the flour, coating all sides.
- Then dip them in the beer batter until coated on all sides.
- In a preheated deep fryer (mine was between 350 and 400), drop your basket into the oil before putting some of the battered jalapenos in. Fry until golden brown and remove to a paper towel lined plate. You may need to flip them so both sides get golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
Recipe from Unique Party Food 2 Go
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram