I am going to have a really unpopular opinion right now.
I'm not a big donut fan.
Krispy Kreme original glazed donuts....GROSS! Everyone I know loves them. Sorry, KK :(
I'm in love with homemade donuts though...especially cake donuts. KK and DD have amazing cake donuts. I get kind of bummed when someone brings a variety box of donuts and there are zero cake donuts. Don't I just sound like a brat? :)
Again, cake donuts...homemade donuts - HECK YES! I gobble them up. These baked chocolate donuts with streusel topping are kind of cake-like. They are unbelievably good. The buttery toffee goodness of the streusel on top...oh my goodness! YES! Y'all have got to try these!
What you need:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 6 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk, and oil together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- Spoon or pipe batter into a greased donut pan.
- In another small bowl, cut butter into flour and brown sugar (I use a pastry cutter) until crumbs are around pea size. Then stir in toffee bits.
- Sprinkle streusel over top of batter in donut pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375* oven for about 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.
- Let cool for 1 to 2 minutes and remove from pan.
Recipe from Buns in My Oven
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram