Quesadillas are kind of the bomb. I mean you can choose so many different flavors [cheesesteak, jalapeno popper steak, chicken, bacon, & avocado, bbq chicken & pineapple, and copycat taco bell chicken] and they are typically very easy and quick to make. What I love about this particular quesadilla recipe is that the flank steak goes into the crockpot and by dinnertime, you get this ridiculously delicious filling for the quesadillas. Unbelievably good!
What you need:
- 1 1/2 lb. flank steak
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp. salsa
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 8 tortillas
- Salt and pepper
- Put steak, 3 or 4 chipotle peppers, 3 to 4 Tbsp. adobo sauce, green onion, half the cilantro, lime juice, salsa, and salt and pepper into your slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours, flipping it about every hour.
- Shred the meat.
- In a skillet on medium high, add a tortilla to the pan. Top one side with cheese, meat, red bell, cilantro, and a little more cheese. Fold in half and cook until tortilla is golden brown on each side and cheese is all nice and melty.
- Slice it with a pizza cutter and serve immediately.
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram