I have been hugely slacking here on the blog...it's a shame really. I have over 80 drafts just sitting waiting to be scheduled. Pretty much all of them have pictures and the recipe ready-to-go. It's just me sitting down and making a printable version (copy/pasting), labeling them, and adding a nifty description to the pictures. And then, of course, talking a bit. I have tons to say about life and the recipes, just not enough time to sit and type it all up!
So...I'll kind of touch base here a little...
We are house-hunting...amid my in-class observations and doctor's appointments.
It's quite the life...we're on the go...go go go!
And man-oh-man do I wish I had some of these bars in my life right now. They are salty and sweet, crunchy and chewy. They are kind of a little difficult to make, in that, the pretzel crust wants to just slide all around, but they turn out just fine even if they aren't absolutely perfect - and that's what matters, right?!
What you need:
For the cookie dough:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 bag (11 oz.) milk chocolate chips
- 3 1/2 cups pretzel sticks, crushed
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, melted
- For the cookie dough: beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix until blended.
- In a medium size bowl, combine together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture gradually until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- For the crust: mix together crushed pretzels with butter. Spread onto a parchment lined & greased 9x13" pan.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes at 350*.
- Drop cookie dough by the spoonful and even out carefully on the warm pretzels. Press into pretzels.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes (at 350*), turning the pan after 10 minutes.
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod as seen on Tasty Kitchen
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram