It is no surprise that I am digging this gnocchi bake. It's got all the elements of a great meal: PHILLY CHEESESTEAK. I mean, 3 1/2 years ago if you told me Philly cheesesteak anything was for a meal, I would probably have fake gagged and made a distasteful face to go along with it. I made my own Phillies during one of Nick's deployments because it's one of his favorite foods and that was it. I suddenly found myself liking Philly cheesesteak anything. I've been all sorts of cheesesteak goodies and I know Nick absolutely loves that I am just as obsessed with cheesesteaks now :)
I am also completely obsessed with my cast iron skillet! Nick and I just celebrated 10 years of being together and he got me another cast iron skillet from the Lodge Cast Iron Factory. I hope we can get into a house soon, so I can use them! :) So basically this recipe is just everything that is right in the world and super delicious!
What you need:
- 16 oz. pkg. gnocchi
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 8 oz. chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to directions on package.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet.
- Saute peppers and onion until tender. Remove veggies and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in the same skillet, crumbling as it cooks. Drain if necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, worcestershire sauce, and seasoned salt.
- Add cream cheese mixture to ground beef and stir to combine.
- Add veggies and gnocchi and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 10 minutes.
- Optional: After baking, broil until cheese browns.
Recipe adapted from This Gal Cooks
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram