I don't make quiches often enough which is really quite a bummer. I actually really love savory breakfast meals. But I don't often wake up at a decent enough time to spend 2 hours getting breakfast ready. Granted this recipe only takes about an hour to cook total, it feels like way longer. And I am by no means a morning person. A lot of times I prefer to make savory recipes like this when we have brinner. Although I always wish I actually made it for breakfast. Anyways...enough babble about how awful I am at making savory breakfast recipes early in the morning...
This quiche is a very simple one to make. Not a lot of hassle to it. Plus it has spinach in it! YUM! I could see some very fun variations to the base recipe in the future. I also may make it in my cast iron skillet at some point and modify the recipe to brown the crust over the stove and bake it the rest of the way...similar to this quiche.
What you need:
- 3 cups frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
- 1/2 stick butter, chopped and softened
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup precooked ham, diced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Toss hashbrowns with butter and press into bottom of a greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake at preheated 450* oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs, milk, ham, spinach, cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Add egg mixture to crust after it has finished baking.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350* and cook for 30 more minutes or until cooked fully.
Recipe from Noel's Kitchen Tips
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram