It's time again for my group, Group D, to share our reveal day posts for The Secret Recipe Club. It's my 3 year anniversary of being a part of the SRC and I've only missed one reveal day. I cannot believe it's been so long and have to link to my very first post with the club: Brisket & Veggies.
So what is The Secret Recipe Club? It's over 100 food bloggers who are split into four groups. Each group is assigned another fellow group member to secretly stalk their blog and choose a recipe (or two) to make, blog, and share on a designated Monday in the month. It's a really fun way to find new blogs and give a little blog love to someone once a month. I absolutely love being apart of it...and except for a few bumps in the road, SRC is a great community of food bloggers! I adore my fellow Group D members who love to haze and tease each other on how quickly they made their recipe and how much tastier it is than anyone else's :) They are a hoot!
This month I was assigned to Sue's blog, Couscous & Consciousness. Sue blogs from New Zealand and is a busy yoga teacher whom is conscientious of eating ethically (but is not necessarily strictly vegetarian). I narrowed down my picks very quickly on Sue's blog...two recipes spoke to me and I had a huge problem picking between the two. One was Italian Sausage with Gnocchi & Red Peppers because I'm on a huge Italian sausage kick right now. YUM. However, I had already planned out my dinners for the month, forgetting to leave an empty space for a possible SRC recipe.
Clearly from my post title, I went with my other pick: Triple Chocolate Raspberry Brownies. These brownies are fudgy and contain a nice helping of chocolate. I was incredibly impressed with how good they were because they didn't "look" like the normal chocolate-y brownies. If you look at Sue's pictures...her's look more like a traditional brownie does...and I was sure I had messed something up. But I hadn't - and that was a relief because they not only sound good - they ARE GOOD!
What you need:
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 7 oz. dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 7 oz. white chocolate chips
- Melt butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in chopped dark chocolate until it's melted and smooth. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, and flour until combined.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add raspberries and white chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" pan with parchment paper on the bottom.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350*. Check after 25 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into squares
Recipe from Couscous & Consciousness
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram