I love that the crockpot is not only for main dishes, side dishes, soups, and chilis, but also DESSERT! I've made a very delicious cake in the crockpot before, but it does not compare to this AMAZING dessert right here.
When I was little, rocky road was my favorite kind of ice cream. My family also frequented tv dinners for meals and I always wanted the one with the little brownie in it. Because it wasn't a brownie like I was used to having - it was like pudding and it was the bomb. This cake combined both of those childhood favorites together and it was probably the best dessert I've ever had in my life.
What you need:
- 1 box Devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3.9 oz) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (3.4 oz) box chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Mix together cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, butter, vanilla, and 1 1/4 cups milk in a stand mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a greased 4 quart crockpot.
- Heat 2 cups milk in a saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear - but do not boil! This takes about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place chocolate pudding mix into a medium size bowl. Pour hot milk over the top and stir until combined. Pour over the batter in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 hours.
- Turn off crockpot and sprinkle pecans, marshmallows, and chocolate chips on top. Let stand for about 15 minutes until marshmallows melt a bit.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream :)
Recipe from Bless This Food
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram