Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow - what do you call it? I typically call it puppy chow, but I like to keep the name that the original poster used. Plus I guess not everyone knows that the alternate name is puppy chow and they are like "WHY ARE YOU FEEDING YOUR KIDS DOG FOOD???". I promise this is NOT dog food - it's far from it! This recipe of muddy buddies reminded me a ton of the Cinnamon Roll Chex Mix I posted last December - just in muddy buddy form. They are a little messier, but still addictive as all get out! :)
What you need:
- 9 cups rice chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon chips
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Place cereal in an extra large bowl.
- Melt together cinnamon and vanilla chips. I did mine in a double boiler on the stove over low heat, you can also use a microwave. Just be sure to stir until melted and mixed together!
- Meanwhile, mix together powdered sugar, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- After chips are melted and mixed well, pour onto cereal and stir gently until the cereal is coated evenly.
- Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar over the top and stir gently.
- On a lined cookie sheet (I believe I used my Silpat), spread chex mix in an even layer. Then sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar. Let sit until hardened.
Recipe from Hot Eats and Cool Reads
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram