I'm enamored with Duncan Hines Frosting Creations frosting (no compensation for saying that, DH doesn't know I exist). I found out about it when I made the French Vanilla Waffles with Cinnamon Roll Frosting.
My brain started going a mile a minute when I saw the other flavors they had. I immediately wanted to use their cotton candy flavor packet. And I did in my Funfetti Waffles with Cotton Candy Frosting recipe. The next packet that I wanted to use was the caramel flavor. I was really craving carrot cake at the time, so I decided to make the two into a lovely, beautimous, sinful breakfast.
I love how fluffy the waffles turn out from the cake mix. And the frosting on top is seriously just a huge plus. It's nice to indulge every once in a while and the kids loved these waffles and raved about them both. I ended up adding some cinnamon to the caramel frosting to make it more fitting for carrot cake. The combination is heaven. Y'all have to try this for breakfast soon!!
What you need:
- 1 box Carrot Cake cake mix (plus ingredients as called for on box)
- 1 container Duncan Hines Frosting Creations frosting
- 1 Duncan Hines caramel flavor packet
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix together cake mix with ingredients as called for on the box.
- Cook in preheated waffle iron according to waffle iron's directions.
- Meanwhile, mix together frosting, caramel flavor packet, and cinnamon.
- Top warm waffles with caramel cinnamon frosting. Serve immediately.
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin