This copycat burger packs a punch because not only is it topped with sliced jalapenos - it has jalapeno poppers and salsa con queso on it too!
This week's Sunday Supper Movement event is SPICE IS NICE AND SOME LIKE IT HOT hosted by Sarah of The Chef Next Door. I have this obsession with making copycat recipes. They are so much fun to come up with and it definitely opens some doors for foods that are only found in certain regions that I cannot obviously get to in time for dinner any given night. This recipe is a copycat for a Jack in the Box burger.
I think I had seen a picture in a round up of the best spicy restaurant foods or something like that. Maybe a cheesy food round up. I'm not sure. I wrote down what all went into the burger and it was as easy as that! Instead of doing a cheese sauce with taco sauce, I chose to sub in salsa con queso. It was absolutely the right decision! This was a fabulous burger with lots of heat. Definitely fits the name "Hella-peno".
Jalapeno poppers (the frozen kind) are very dear to me. Don't laugh, y'all, dead serious here. They were something Nick and I ate a ton for many many years. It was definitely our go-to snack for our at-home date nights after the kids were in bed. They are so nostalgic and I loved the idea of putting them onto a burger. I hope y'all give this recipe a try and don't hate me too much for your demolished taste buds - haha!
What you need:
- 1 to 2 lb. ground beef (I prefer 80/20 for burgers)
- 1 box jalapeno poppers (from the freezer aisle)
- Sliced jalapenos, fresh or from a jar
- Salsa con queso
- Salt and pepper
- Good quality hamburger buns
- Form ground beef into patties and season with salt and pepper. Cook in a cast iron skillet or on the grill.
- Meanwhile, cook the jalapeno poppers according to directions on box. I think we may have fried ours because it's a little faster.
- Spread salsa con queso on bottom of the bun (top if you want extra queso!). Top with burger. Layer jalapeno slices and poppers on top of the burger and then finish with the top bun. Serve immediately!
Original Fantastical Recipe
Check out these other spicy recipes below!
- Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cajun Shrimp Dip byCooking with Carlee
- Harissa Lamb Meatballs with Herbed Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Hungry Goddess
- Jalapeno Cheddar Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoky Jalapeno Pineapple Salsa by Dash of Evans
- Spicy Apricot Chicken Meatballs by My Life Cookbook
- Spicy Jalapeno Chickpeas by Helpful Homemade
- Spicy Peach Chicken Wings by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Spicy Sugared Cashews by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Peanut Butter Cookies by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Cinnamon Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Mexican Chocolate Pudding by Pies and Plots
- Peppercorn Shortbread by The Finer Cookie
- Spicy Fudge Brownies by The Chef Next Door
- Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken & Lentil Stuffed Peppers by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken Karahi (Pakistani Chicken Curry) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers by Feeding Big and more
- Chickpea, lentil and spinach curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Devil’s Chicken by Monica’s Table
- East Indian Chard and Lentils by Wholistic Woman
- Fried Chicken with a Kick by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Chipotle Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Hella-peno Burger by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Pizza by Hardly A Goddess
- Kung Pao Chicken by Palatable Pastime
- Lomo Saltado by Tramplingrose
- Spicy black bean burgers by Simple and Savory
- Spicy Penne all’arrabbiata by She Loves Biscotti
- Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sweet Chili Pork by Cookin’ Mimi
- Tunisian Garlic Chickpea Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Baked Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries by Magnolia Days
- Easy to Make Cabbage Kimchi (MAK KIMCHI) by kimchi MOM
- Green Mango Sambal by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Potato Salad with Spicy Picada Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram