There is nothing better than a hearty meal made in one pot in under 30 minutes like this one!
The food blogging world goes through a lot of trends. I can't say I hate it though. I actually love it because it just encourages me to hoard a bunch of similar (but sometimes completely different) recipes. You know, ones that fit into one particular category but aren't the same thing? I know I sound super confusing, but let me clarify...I love when the food blogging world started honing in on everyone's love of one pot meals. Tons of one pot meals starting popping up all over the place and I went crazy pinning them all to try. That's what I mean by a bunch of similar recipes...in the same category, but all fairly different from one another.
This recipe title literally has everything I like in the title..."One Pot" - sold. "Cheesy" - sold. "Pasta" - sold. "Sausage" - you guessed it, sold! I'm even a bandwagon ampersand lover. They are just so pretty, right?! Tell me I'm not alone over here with the ampersands!
Anyways...a lot of my favorite one pot recipes are pasta based and this one also includes fresh tomatoes and basil. LOTS OF IT. Just the way I like it! It was a very delicious meal and I really hope that y'all try it out! It's a life saver to be dirtying one dish and made in under 30 minutes.
What you need:
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage (I may do two pounds next time)
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 20 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. linguine, broken in half
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes, for garnish
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Brown ground sausage in a deep skillet over medium-high heat, crumbling as finely as you can.
- Add 2 cups grape tomatoes, onion, basil leaves (20), garlic, linguine, salt, pepper, and water to the skillet. Cover and bring to a boil.
- When it is boiling, remove lid and cook for 7 to 9 minutes until pasta is cooked al dente and most of the liquid is absorbed. Occasionally, toss with tongs to keep the pasta from sticking.
- Add cheese and use the tongs to toss again. Remove from heat.
- Toss the 1 cup grape tomatoes and 10 basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Recipe from The Slow Roasted Italian
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram