The most magnificent summer treat in a pan - perfect for potlucks or get-togethers!
So it literally could not be written in the stars any clearer than this recipe that Ree Drummond and I should be best friends. I love all of her recipes and she never fails me. However, I decided to switch up her apple dumplings with peaches - and then later noticed the side note where she suggests peach, pear or apricots would work well. I am the worst at actually reading through my cookbooks.
Anyways, I was going through my blog feed and saw Peach Dumplings pop up and noticed they were from Ree and decided it's totally fate that she would post her adaptation so close to when I had planned on posting the adaptation of her original recipe. However, in her adaptation, she used frozen peaches and Sprite, whereas I used fresh peaches and Mountain Dew. I'm definitely taking a page from her book (hah, puns!) and using frozen peaches next time because the fresh peaches were a pain in the backside to deal with.
Ree suggested serving it up with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream. We did cinnamon bun ice cream and I have to say - GO THAT ROUTE!! The whole thing is heaven in your mouth. By far, these dumplings are one of my all-time favorite desserts and recipes!
What you need:
- 2 fresh peaches --or-- 16 frozen peach slices
- 2 cans (8 oz.) crescent rolls
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 can (12 oz.) Mountain Dew
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- Ice cream for serving
- Prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray - I used my 9x13".
- Peel peaches, remove the pit, and slice into 8 slices each --or-- get your 16 slices of frozen peaches out. See why I want to go the frozen route next time?!
- Take one crescent triangle and place a slice of peach on the wide end and roll up. Place in casserole dish, seam-side down. Repeat with remaining triangles and peaches.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add sugar and vanilla and stir to combine - the sugar does not need to dissolve completely.
- Pour the buttery sugar mixture over the rolls in the casserole dish.
- Crack open your can of Mountain Dew and poor it over the top of the rolls.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon to your liking.
- Bake at 350* for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream or two - the syrup at the bottom of the pan is great for drizzling over the top.
Recipe adapted slightly from The Pioneer Woman
But wait, there are tons more summer potluck recipes below!
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram