I love a good chicken salad, but this one beats them all with its homemade cilantro lime dressing!
Lately, I feel like I'm getting more adventurous with foods. I'm more willing to try new things and even if it's something I'm sure I won't like, I will try it anyways. I recently tried Vegemite. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about that. But I did without hesitation, so that I could say...yes, I have tried it. I didn't like it LOL. I am proud that I did try it and can say that I have though.
Salad dressings are one of the foods that I am fairly picky about. As a child, I only would eat Catalina. Then as I got older, I was okay with French dressing and Thousand Island. Now I have branched out and will eat Caesar, southwest or chipotle ranch, poppyseed, vidalia and citrus vinaigrette, and more...I don't eat every single one of them, but I'm branching out. So when I saw this one had a homemade cilantro lime dressing, I knew I would have to try it. I was so glad that I did!
The cilantro lime dressing is cool to the kick from the chicken and is perfect in this salad. Y'all have got to try this recipe!!
What you need:
For the chicken:
- Chicken tenderloins or breasts
- Taco seasoning
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped (plus some)
- Tortilla strips, for garnish
- 1 cup cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Make dressing first: combine cilantro, yogurt, garlic, lime, and salt in a food processor or blender. While the processor/blender is on, add oil and vinegar until emulsified. Transfer to a bottle, mason jar, etc. and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Season chicken with taco seasoning and cook as desired. Cut into bite-size pieces or strips.
- Prepare salad by placing lettuce in a bowl. Top with tomato, corn, black beans, and cilantro. Toss salad.
- Serve in individual portions topped with chicken and tortilla strips - drizzled with cilantro lime dressing, if desired.
Recipe slightly adapted from Damn Delicious
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram