A single serving of cookie butter cake ready in a pinch - dreams do come true!
I was prepared to share a different biscoff recipe but decided to hold off and make it one more time to tweak it a tad more. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to share this little gem that I made to replace the other recipe. I hunted for the recipe that I had written down (I took a base mug cake recipe compared from a few different places and tweaked them to make this Biscoff version) and discovered that it was a post-it with no notes, just ingredients. So to be 100% sure that everything was good to go, I made it again. The first time, I swirled my Biscoff in. Today, I mixed it in with the wet ingredients. Both ways are fine. Both ways are tasty.
I'm still fairly new to Biscoff and have really loved the few recipes I've made using it so far. I think cinnamon and white chocolate go together with Biscoff very well, so that's why they ended up in this little mug cake. :) You will definitely have to adjust the cooking time according to your microwave. 50 seconds is a great place to start until you are able to get a good reading on how long it will take in your own microwave. Mine is a 1000-watt microwave and I did mine 60 seconds and then 20. It probably would've been fine at 60 but I did the extra to be certain.
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. Biscoff cookie spread (plus some for serving if you want!)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp. self rising flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- White chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix together butter, Biscoff, egg, milk, and vanilla in a mug.
- Stir in salt, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Fold in a handful of chocolate chips, if desired.
- Microwave for 50 to 60 seconds. If needed, microwave another 20 seconds. I did 60 + 20 in my 1000 watt microwave.
- Alternatively, you can also swirl the Biscoff in after adding the chocolate chips. I have made it both ways and it's delicious either way!
Original Fantastical Recipe
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram