This pasta dish is fast and easy to make with a fantastic homemade alfredo, veggies, and chicken!
While this is not a one pot meal, it's easily fixed in under 30 minutes and is so yummy! I hate to describe something as flavorful because I think we can agree that everything is full of flavor - it may not be a good flavor, but I digress. It is rich, creamy, and the veggies are perfection in this dish. It got huge thumbs up from the entire family and will definitely be made over and over again. You can also make this in a skinny version, if desired, with low fat cream cheese and 2% or skim milk. We did not opt to make it that way, but it is absolutely an option!
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups chopped chicken, seasoned (I seasoned mine with Italian seasoning, garlic, onion powder, and salt and pepper)
- 1 tub (8 oz) chive and herb cream cheese spread
- 1/2 cup milk (you can use whatever you want - I personally did whole milk)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan, plus some for topping
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large stockpot, cook pasta with carrots in salted water according to directions on the pasta box. When you have 6 minutes left of cooking time, add broccoli florets. Once done, drain pasta and veggies and return to stockpot.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, heat olive oil and cook chicken until done.
- Add chicken along with cream cheese, milk, Parmesan, and salt and pepper into the pot with pasta and veggies.
- Heat over low until cream cheese has melted, stirring often.
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan.
Recipe from The Kitchen Is My Playground
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram