The perfect dessert cheeseball with all the best parts of a s'more, but less mess!
Today's Sunday Supper Movement event is KIDS FAVORITE RECIPES hosted by Ellen of Family Around the Table. So all of today's recipes are kid-friendly! I have a long list of recipes that I have yet to post and I found the one that I know my kids would say is their favorite and I'm sure that they would ask me to make it again. Like tomorrow!
When I told them I was making a s'mores cheeseball for July 4th (2015), my oldest two looked at me like I was nuts. Cheese with s'mores - yuck?! What is wrong with you, Mom!! I convinced them that it was cream cheese, so that it would be more like a dessert cheeseball, not like cheddar cheese with s'mores or anything. I picked up some cute little graham sticks for dipping because I figured they would be the easiest and most sturdy utensil to use on this cheeseball.
I'm so glad I got a few pictures of the cheeseball before setting it down in front of my kids. I left the room for a few minutes and came back to this below. Matt and Cami did some major damage on this thing. They ate about half of it by themselves and as you may have guessed - they LOVED it!
What I loved about this desserty appetizer is that it was incredibly simple to make and my kids didn't make a huge mess eating it like they do with regular s'mores. So it's a win-win all around!
What you need:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups dry chocolate cake mix
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- Graham crackers or sticks (even teddy grahams would be fine), for serving
- In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add cake mix and sugars. Beat until smooth. Mix in mini marshmallows.
- Turn "batter" onto a piece of plastic wrap and gently shape into a ball before wrapping.
- Wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Place crushed graham crackers on a plate. Unwrap cheeseball and roll in crumbs.
- Place on a plate and serve with graham crackers or sticks.
Recipe from Taste and Tell
Check out more Kid Favorites below!
- Dueling Gyozas - Pork vs. Tofu by Food Lust People Love
- Kid-Approved Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips by Dessert Geek
- S’mores Cheeseball by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Aunt Deborah’s Snickerdoodles by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Frozen Custard by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Easy Nutella Mousse by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Fairy Bread Funfetti Milkshakes by The Crumby Cake
- Grape Juice Jigglers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gumdrop Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Cherry Popsicles by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Peach Boy Ice Cream by The Ninja Baker
- Mango Creamsicles by The Redhead Baker
- No-Cook Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream by Hardly A Goddess
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- S'mores Cheesecake by The Freshman Cook
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Cinnamon Pecan Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Chef Next Door
- Turtle Poke Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whoopie Pies by Monica’s Table
- Broccoli Cheese Soup by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Dog Muffins by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Deep Dish Pizza Casserole by My World Simplified
- Grilled Pizza Flatbread Bar by Momma’s Meals
- How to Set Up a Hot Dog Bar by An Appealing Plan
- Lobster Gnocchi by Caroline’s Cooking
- Madison’s Shrimp Lasagna Rolls by Life Tastes Good
- Orecchiette Pasta with Creamy Alfredo Sauce by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Pasta Quattro Formaggi by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Spaghetti and Meatball Casserole by Cooking with Carlee
- Tuna Salad Grinders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Caprese Quesadillas by Simple and Savory
- Maple Brown Sugar Granola Clusters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Waffle Parfait by Our Good Life
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram