A classic with a twist, this pie is especially a treat for anyone who loves butterscotch!
Today's Sunday Supper event is HOLIDAY DESSERT RECIPES and is hosted by T.R. of Gluten Free Crumbley.
I very rarely post recipes on the blog that I don't like....because usually that means I have made something that was NOT edible. However, it's quite the opposite in this case. I am not a particularly huge fan of pecan pie. As in, I don't eat it and won't eat it. Ever. I really just don't like pie very much, but if the filling is good, I will eat the filling and not the crust (like you would a pizza). I made this pie for Nick because pecan pie is his favorite and he loves butterscotch.
Fortunately, I am apparently really good at making pecan pie because Nick LOVED it. I did test a bite thinking maybe the butterscotch would make me like it, but I was wrong. For someone who has a whole set of sweet teeth, you would think I would love something so sugary and sweet, but alas, this is just not my thing. I feel bad because I'm badmouthing this recipe, but if you like pecan pie and butterscotch, you will LOVE this pie. LOVE it. Plus it's nice to have a slight twist on classic foods at the holidays.
What you need:
- 1 ready-made pie crust (or your favorite homemade pie crust)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups halved pecans
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Situate the pie crust in a deep-dish 9" pie dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the remaining ingredients, reserving the pecans and the butterscotch chips.
- Add the pecans and the butterscotch chips, stir in with a spoon or spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust, be sure to scrap the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until middle is set. Start checking around 45 minutes. If the crust is getting too browned, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Recipe from Something Swanky
[recipe is no longer on her blog - may be due to her redesign process]
And don't miss these amazing holiday desserts below!
Bars and Cookies
- Frosted Sugar Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Shortbread Bars by Gluten Free Crumbley
- The Best Pecan Pie Bars by Life Tastes Good
- Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Clementine Cake with Cranberry Glaze by Caroline's Cooking
- Coconut Pecan Cake with Coconut Rum Frosting by The Chef Next Door
- Coconut Syrup Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Japanese Sugar Plum Fairy Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Moms Texas Sheet Cake by My Life Cookbook
- Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Frosting by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Rave Review Coconut Cake by Family Around The Table
- Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake by A Mind "Full" Mom
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Cupcakes by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Spiked Chocolate Eggnog Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Raspberry Cheesecake by Mindy's Cooking Obsession
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Patch Cocktail by Wholistic Woman
- Black Bottom Oatmeal Pie by This is How I Cook
- Butterscotch Pecan Pie by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Perfect Plum Pie from Art of the Pie #Giveaway by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pumpkin Spice Mochi by Cricket's Confections
- Purple Yam-Ube Blueberry Tart by Asian in America
- Swedish Apple Pie Cups with Date Caramel Sauce by Simple and Savory
Puddings and Creams
- Arroz Con Leche with Coconut and Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Cranberry Apple Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Rauhreif - German Apple Dessert by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram