Salted caramel meets pumpkin meets pecans in this fabulous breakfast recipe
I took my mom's classic breakfast recipe and added pumpkin pie spice, pecans, and sea salt to the mix and it was absolutely the best decision ever. These caramel rolls - whether they are this version or the original - they don't last long at all. The bread dough is fluffy and oh my goodness gracious, fresh out of the oven, they are heavenly. Not too much longer and it will be peppermint time, so I'm trying to get all my pumpkin cravings sated.
I absolutely loved how the bottom of the pan looked before adding the rolls!
What you need:
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, plus some
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, plus some (this is the added ingredient!)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pecan halves
- Thaw your bread dough according to package directions.
- Prepare your caramel, by bringing water, butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar JUST to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice and sea salt over the caramel. Then place pecans in a single layer in the caramel.
- Roll out your dough into a rectangle. Sprinkle dough with cinnamon, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice, to your preference.
- Roll up and cut into 2-inch wide slices. Place in the baking dish and cover with saran wrap.
- Let rise for an hour or two, so they are all touching each other and ginormous!
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 13 to 15 minutes. Serve caramel-side up.
Original Fantastical Recipe
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram