This variation doesn't add any time to making a burger, but it sure does blow a regular burger right out of the water!
We have burgers every other Friday, so I'm always looking for different kinds of burgers to make. Some are pretty labor intensive while others, like this one, are simple tweaks that really make the burger quite different. You prepare the burger much like you would any other...form your patty and cook it. The cheese of choice (weapon of choice har har) is mozzarella and you top the burger with just tomatoes and pesto. It's all very simple, but outstanding in flavor. You can make your own pesto or buy some at the store - it's up to you. I served mine up on crazy good butter buns!
What you need:
- 1 to 2 lbs. ground beef (I prefer 80/20)
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced mozzarella cheese
- Good-quality burger buns
- 1 to 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Basil pesto
- Form ground beef into patties. I typically use 2 lbs and either make 6 larger-sized burgers or 8 quarter pound patties. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper.
- Cook patties on a grill or in a skillet until browned on one side, flip over and top with a slice of mozzarella. Cook for another couple of minutes until cooked through and cheese has melted.
- Place patties on burger buns (you can toast them if desired). Top with tomato slices and pesto and serve immediately.
Recipe from Life Tastes Good
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram