Fajitas cooked in the crockpot with homemade seasoning - a delicious and easy Taco Tuesday recipe!
My first recipe of 2017 is from 2015 - whoops :S I am going to be working very hard in the new year to keep up and post at least 4 recipes a week. I may start doing five if I can stay on task and focus enough to actually post the 4 a week. :) I love this recipe because it's a simple chopping of the ingredients and then placing them in the crockpot. Easy peasy, no hassle, and something that can be served over rice or on a tortilla. I can't think of anything better than that!
What you need:
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into half moons
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into half moons
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Sour cream, guacamole, and/or salsa
- Place strips of chicken into the crockpot. Add onion and peppers.
- Pour or squeeze lime juice over the top.
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, and salt with chicken broth.
- Pour the chili powder mixture over the top of the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve chicken and veggies on tortillas with toppings.
Recipe from Kayln's Kitchen
Also just an FYI...this makes for a deliciously wonderful and easy breakfast omelet!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram