This pasta dish boasts spicy sausage and bursting roasted tomatoes -- it's so good that I always have to double the recipe!
I have made this recipe a ridiculous amount of times because it is one that I cannot get enough of...nor can Nick or the kids. We had to double it after we demolished it the first time. The recipe in this post is not doubled. So I suggest if you are a family of four or more to double the recipe! Each time I've made it I have roasted the tomatoes and I personally think it's the best way to do it and I get no complaints when I roast the tomatoes. I love how easy it is to make - simple ingredients! You get the kick from the chorizo and the bursting sweetness of the tomatoes. It's heaven.
What you need:
- Salt and pepper
- 12 oz. orecchiette pasta
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus some
- 8 oz. chorizo
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus some
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and roast at 425* for 8 minutes or until they burst.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook sausage in skillet, crumbling as it browns.
- Add onions and cook for 3 more minutes. Then add garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes and broth and cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Stir in cooked pasta and cheese and add a little pasta water to loosen it, if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve topped with more cheese and green onions.
Recipe adapted from Food Network
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram