Proscuitto and pancetta meet four cheese tortellini and a crispy topping in this Olive Garden copycat!
It has been a crazy busy time for me lately. I can't even believe how quickly December flew by and it wasn't because I was trying to finish shopping or anything. I actually had gifts wrapped in the first week of December! I definitely did not work ahead as much as I had wished I had done prior to the start of the month, but I was just overwhelmed emotionally and it was definitely weighing heavy on me. I saw my doctor today and I'm hoping that the plan we put in place for me works and helps me to be a little less overwhelmed and more productive in my daily life. I'm also working hard on focusing in the new year.
Enough babbling and on to the recipe! This recipe is an Olive Garden copycat that is amazing. I don't know if OG still has this on their menu or if it even touches the original as far as taste, but I thought it was quite incredible. There has definitely been a trend going on where toasted breadcrumbs are served atop pasta in my kitchen and I LOVE IT. The pancetta and proscuitto are so good together. And Parm-Regg...oh, you have my heart! If you make this, don't forget a garlic breadstick!
What you need:
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pancetta, diced
- 1/2 lb. prosciutto, diced
- Unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb. four cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded parmigiano reggiano
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Mix together black pepper, creole seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- In a skillet, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat and add pancetta and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add prosciutto and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 1 Tbsp. butter and a little olive oil (if needed). Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp. of seasoning mix (from step 1) to onions. Add minced garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and add remaining seasoning mix. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil pasta for 2 minutes less than the package states. Drain and add a little olive oil to coat.
- Add cheese to cream sauce. Whisk until it melts.
- Toss pasta in sauce and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add prosciutto and pancetta with fresh parsley and stir.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tbsp. butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add panko and parsley and cook for about 5 minutes until it begins to brown. Stir to cool down.
- Serve pasta topped with panko and breadsticks on the side!
Recipe from Creole Contessa
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram